Even though the Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits employers from discriminating against employees because of their disability or perceived disability, some employers fail to meet the requirements laid out under the law. In some cases, employers have even ignored and blatantly violated this important law, which has resulted in individuals being denied employment, employees being passed over for promotion, wrongful termination and inadequate accommodations.
Employees with disabilities are just as capable of performing their job as an able-bodied person, provided an employer accommodates accordingly for their needs. Unfortunately, many employers see disabilities and the act of accommodating for disabilities as a burden — one they do not want to support. As a result, employers may engage in discriminatory activity and fail to uphold the standards set by employment law regulations.
An Effective Litigator To Uphold Your Rights In Disability Discrimination Claims
At Gallup Auerbach, with offices conveniently located in Hollywood and Coral Springs, Florida, we work with employees throughout South Florida who need their rights and their jobs protected, particularly in cases of disability discrimination, ADA complaints and FMLA violations. Attorneys Dana M. Gallup and Jacob K. Auerbach have more than 30 years of combined experience handling employment law matters, and they have devoted their entire careers to this particular area of law.
The attorneys’ intimate understanding of both employee representation and employer-side concerns has helped them achieve notable results in particularly challenging cases. They can anticipate the issues that lie ahead to develop more persuasive and compelling arguments on your behalf in settlement negotiations and in courtroom proceedings.
For More Information
If you are an employee who believes you were the victim of discrimination, fill out the case evaluation (how can we help you?) form on the left side of this page.
We will contact you and provide more information about how Gallup Auerbach can help. We help people in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties and throughout the State of Florida.
- Employee FAQs
- Age Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Long And Short-Term Disability Insurance Claims
- Family And Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Gender/Sex Discrimination
- Non-Compete Agreements For Employees
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Race Discrimination
- Severance Agreements For Employees
- Sexual Harassment
- Whistleblowers & Retaliation
- Can an employer retaliate when an employee complains about harassment or discrimination in Florida?
- Can I be fired without cause in Florida?
- Can I sue a company for wrongful termination In Florida?
- Can I sue an employer for unpaid wages in Florida?
- Can I sue for job discrimination in Florida?
- Do I need a lawyer for an unemployment hearing in Florida?
- Is a non-compete agreement enforceable in Florida?
- Is a whistleblower protected under Florida law?
- Is an employer required to provide severance pay in Florida and can I negotiate a better separation agreement?
- May an employer or supervisor play favorites among employees?
- What is sexual harassment at work under Florida law?
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation