Severance Agreements For Employees
If you are an employee being separated from your company and your employer has offered you a severance agreement, it is generally in your best interest to have the agreement reviewed by an experienced employment law attorney.
Often times, a severance agreement will contain a full general release in favor of the employer, meaning that, by signing the agreement, you may be waiving your right to bring any claim. Also, a severance agreement drafted by the employer is usually written to serve the best interests of the employer.
We strongly recommend that employees presented with a severance agreement have a lawyer review the agreement to determine if more favorable terms or compensation can be achieved. In particular, our firm can analyze whether you have any potential claims against the employer and, if so, whether the severance package offered provides adequate compensation for release of those claims.
In many cases where potential claims exist, we have been successful in achieving a greater severance than the amount initially offered by the employer. We can help you thoroughly consider both monetary and non-monetary terms of your severance agreement.
If you are an employee in need of advice regarding a separation agreement offered by your employer or you would like to know if your separation agreement can be modified, negotiated or enhanced, please call us directly at 888-545-2325 (toll free at ) or fill out the Case Evaluation (How Can We Help You?) form on the left side of this page.
- Employee FAQs
- Age Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Long And Short-Term Disability Insurance Claims
- Family And Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Gender/Sex Discrimination
- Non-Compete Agreements For Employees
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Race Discrimination
- Severance Agreements For Employees
- Sexual Harassment
- Whistleblowers & Retaliation
- Can an employer retaliate when an employee complains about harassment or discrimination in Florida?
- Can I be fired without cause in Florida?
- Can I sue a company for wrongful termination In Florida?
- Can I sue an employer for unpaid wages in Florida?
- Can I sue for job discrimination in Florida?
- Do I need a lawyer for an unemployment hearing in Florida?
- Is a non-compete agreement enforceable in Florida?
- Is a whistleblower protected under Florida law?
- Is an employer required to provide severance pay in Florida and can I negotiate a better separation agreement?
- May an employer or supervisor play favorites among employees?
- What is sexual harassment at work under Florida law?
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation