Florida Employment Discrimination Attorney
Losing your job unexpectedly is difficult enough, but there is an added layer of frustration, anger and fear when you suspect discrimination was at play in the decision to let you go.
Employment laws and regulations throughout South Florida protect employees from unjust and wrongful termination as well as hostile work environment issues. Unfortunately, employers sometimes covertly engage in discriminatory activities anyway. Whether your employer intentionally or unintentionally discriminated against you at work, it was illegal to do so, and you are within your rights to take action.
At Gallup Auerbach, we are staunch advocates for employees and the protection of employee rights. Attorneys Dana M. Gallup and Jacob K. Auerbach have worked with people who have been fired because of gender or sex, because of pregnancy or because of disability discrimination that has ostracized them in the workplace. As your employment discrimination attorneys, they can help you understand whether or not what you experienced would justify filing a claim and fighting back in the legal system.
Straightforward With You And Swift In Resolving Your Case
Over the years, we have seen many people come to us after they ignored the problems they suspected at work. They have already lost their jobs and want to know if there is anything to do to remedy the situation and make sure they receive the unemployment benefits or compensation they deserve.
It is always best to discuss your case with an attorney who can tell you from experience what options are available and what routes will provide the most efficient method for addressing discrimination in the workplace. We prepare thoroughly for every case, as though it could go to trial, but we are careful to consider options through settlement discussions, mediation and arbitration — as each of these options often provides our clients with more favorable and cost-effective outcomes.
If you are an employee who believes you were the victim of discrimination, fill out the Case Evaluation (How Can we Help You?) form on the left side of this page. We will contact you and provide more information about how Gallup Auerbach can help. We help people in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties and throughout the State of Florida.
- Employee FAQs
- Age Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Long And Short-Term Disability Insurance Claims
- Family And Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Gender/Sex Discrimination
- Non-Compete Agreements For Employees
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Race Discrimination
- Severance Agreements For Employees
- Sexual Harassment
- Whistleblowers & Retaliation
- Can an employer retaliate when an employee complains about harassment or discrimination in Florida?
- Can I be fired without cause in Florida?
- Can I sue a company for wrongful termination In Florida?
- Can I sue an employer for unpaid wages in Florida?
- Can I sue for job discrimination in Florida?
- Do I need a lawyer for an unemployment hearing in Florida?
- Is a non-compete agreement enforceable in Florida?
- Is a whistleblower protected under Florida law?
- Is an employer required to provide severance pay in Florida and can I negotiate a better separation agreement?
- May an employer or supervisor play favorites among employees?
- What is sexual harassment at work under Florida law?
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation